Monday 14 March 2011

Thinking of Japan

orange lily
I am truly shocked and saddened by the events unfolding in Japan in the aftermath of the 8.9 magnitude earthquake and subsequent tsunami. My thoughts go out to those affected by this, and their friends & families, it must be devastating.

Japan has been very much in my thoughts of late and so I have decided to try and make a little contribution of my own...something to help the relief efforts. (I've been inspired by Laura at Lupin, or the Bugs and Fishes blog and Mochimochiland's silent auction for Japan!)

green alien space invader badge
For the rest of March, I will be donating a percentage of the sales from any Space Invader item sold to the Red Cross Japan Tsunami Appeal.

[EDIT: I have extended this to include any Space Invader purchases in April too.]

If you buy one of my Space Invader scarves, in either style, I will donate £8 (per scarf) - and if you buy a Space Invader badge, I will donate £2.50 (per brooch).

space invader scarf v2.0
You can find these items on DaWanda, Folksy and also in my Bigcartel shop. Alternatively, you can always choose to simply donate via the Red Cross if you prefer.

No comments: