Tuesday 24 April 2012

3KCBWDAY2 - Snap Happy

Day Two: Photography Challenge Day!

Today is about getting creative with craft and a camera, so I thought I'd share this pic which I took a while back. I'd had this rough concept idea for such an image for a while & experimented with different yarns to achieve what I had in mind.

Crafty Cocktail

The idea was to create something eye-catching to use as a flyer for that year's Etsy craft party, as you can see below :)

Edinburgh's Etsy Craft Party!

Oh...and just for fun, here's another snap - the rock chick in me couldn't resist :)


15 comments:

Suzanne said...

Hahaha, looks nice! I love the rocking picture.

Liz said...

Love the yarn cocktail.

Beth said...

Better than my shot of a similar idea. Looks delicious.

Pumpkin said...

Great photos! I love the idea of the yarn cocktail, it does make for a pretty great poster!

Sarah ~ Crafts from the Cwtch said...

Fabulous photos! The yarn cocktail looks delicious!!!!

I've had such fun with today's post - you can see my effort here http://www.craftsfromthecwtch.co.uk/2012/04/kcbw-day-2-photography-challenge-day.html

* said...

Yum....looks good enough to eat! Great pics!

owlmazingmakes said...

that is an AMAZING idea for that flyer. I love it!

Anonymous said...

Mmmm, a yarn cocktail guaranteed to never give you a hangover!

Cat McLaughlin said...

I'm so glad y'all like my yarn cocktail! :)

& you're so right knitreadclick, no hangover, guaranteed!!

beatknit said...

Am loving the sprinkle effect with the spot dyed yarn - looks brilliant.

What yarn did you use?

Cat McLaughlin said...

@Carol/beatknit - it's a DK baby yarn called Rico "Lolly-Pop" - see another colourway in my stash here: http://www.ravelry.com/people/catameringue/stash/baby-lolly-pop-dk :)

Anonymous said...

Looks so good I could eat it!

Voie de Vie said...

Love the shot for the meet-up - hope it was fun!

mib said...

yarnlicious cocktail !!!!!!!!!

Cie Turvey said...

Happy happy memories! :D :D & Just the most stunning picture, still jaw-droppingly beautiful. xx